Tuesday, May 5, 2009

19 days...

My Dad says I'm slacking on my blog. I said I don't feel I've had anything extremely interesting to write about.... but here you go Dad. : ))

We are in that crazy limbo, the place were you have all the major things packed but you can't really pack for another week or so. I have lists everywhere. I put leaves in my kitchen table (it seats 10) to set everything on, to make sure I have everything. Visualize it all.

We've been spending most free time with friends.. last weekend went to Martha's Vineyard (and went to the Portuguese special...boy did our brains hurt!) We also did an open house with the Design Studio I'm working for now (my sister from another set of parents-friend owns) If you want to see the gory details, a little video is here: http://vimeo.com/4447989 Some may/may not know Graphic Design + IT was my past education + employment but I've been out of the loop a few years (ok..6) and now trying to catch up. Hello Dreamweaver + InDesign books. (Great reading to fall asleep..snorefest.) Never mind trying to keep up with our Lao language study... : P

This weekend our "family" is having a going away party for us but I'm a little worried about the weather. It's supposed to rain and it's supposed to be outside. Then the weekend after is another one for our Lao family. The weekend before last was for our CF "la petite ghetto" family cookout. Oh yes, and this Friday a client is taking us out to dinner for a going away whatever you call it. Yes, life is busy. I think I can forget making my time this month. I suppose it's understandable. : /

What else? Yes, OF COURSE... thank you for all the shout outs we've gotten on our friends' blogs... It makes us all misty. : ) We love you guys lots... you are ALL a huge inspiration to us.. it's great to have like minded friends ; )

Other than that..just wrapping up details. Emails back and forth to Thailand. (Yes we are OK with room mate.....Why does an AC there cost $571.00?... is there a place to buy sheets & towels?.. anyone selling a scooter?... can I buy watercolors anywhere?.. the SAD is June 7th...yeah!! (granted, in Thai).... those kind of things..)


Brain hurt? Mine does. The next blog will be just photos. I promise.

All our love : )

2 comments:

Jake said...

I can't wait to see you guys on the 16th! Living vicariously through your experience is starting to become a hobby. : )

I'm so encouraged by it that it wells up inside me and makes it hard to breath. It's a palpable feeling that extends a bit beyond just a simple experience. It reminds me of how much we all have to offer, and how important it is to offer it.

You guys are a fantastic couple and I love you both. You are going to do great!

Disney said...

That was interesting. :-)