Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Quick Hit 3/12/09

A Quick Hit (Hey FRANK I am stealing your blog! Haha)

As you already know, it has been over a month since I have written anything. Here is a brief synopsis of the last month:

1. Our apartment

a. Just got it painted this week. Much like every home since J and I have been married I once again have some dark red walls and a sky blue ceiling. The painters (friends of ours) used my handmade Japanese kitchen knife that was my anniversary present a few years ago to SCRAPE paint off the FLOOR. Love covers all. Yes, love covers all.

b. I put some artwork on hold from a fabulous young painter here. Total $80 USD. Can’t wait.

c. Frank and Amanda… we can’t wait to see you when you can! And that goes for anyone else too who wants to visit. Our place is by no means a palace but mi casa su casa (or however you spell that.; ) )

2. School

a. We are worked too much last month.

b. The school can’t pay us because we worked too much last month. Ah, the Catch 22. But, come Jan. we will NOT be working so much. Poor J taught 38 hours a week last month. For any of you other English teachers you know that just equals insanity.

c. We are looking for a language tutor. Again. I am maybe going back to school in Jan. but there may be some exciting things happening here that may make that not happen. I can still learn outside of school. ; )

3. Work

a. See above.

b. I (K) am also now doing some report writing for a consulting company here. Totally my ideal line of work. I can sit at a computer and not be in front of a class! How happy am I?

4. Travel

a. We are planning a trip north in a couple weeks. A student is studying to be a travel guide so we are letting ourselves be his test run. We are going to his hometown which is about 16 hours by bus north of here. Needless to say, excited on all accounts. Everyone is saying … ohh you must visit my friend so and so there….” : )

b. Another outing to Nong Khai this month. I really really miss our friends there. The 2 girls I was close with went back to the States to work and will be coming back in 6 months… I miss them though. NK feels empty w/o them. In this part of the world, in the conditions you deal with, you really miss friends you can just have a good belly laugh with.

c. I think we will be travelling back to the states in May… haven’t made arrangements yet, will keep ya’ll (the ya’ll is for Amanda) posted.

Well, that is all for now. For tonight anyway. : )

Love, J + K.

Does anyone read this anyway? Just wondering…. :D

2 comments:

Jake and Steph said...

Hey Guys, We love your blog and so happy to hear that your doing well. Adjusting... We look forward to hearing more... Love, Steph

Jake said...

We're here! We're here! : )

Exciting stuff there guys! It snowed here. It is both beautiful & horrible (cold). Miss you guys!