I go from prolific blogging to zero in .. well however you want to measure that time. (seconds, days...)
Exhausted.
Both J and I have been hammered with secular work the past week. But I wont yak about that here...joys of being self employed..I'm sure more than one of you can relate.
Went to the 3 day again this weekend. It was our 2nd time but we brought Kh. so he'd be with other Kon Lao (Lao people) Generic photos here. Better ones soon to be added to our Flickr. One of the funny things is we weren't really sure if we were going until Friday @ 6:30 AM (AM!!) J got a call saying "I want to go". It was a great time..most of you already have gone so you know what I mean. : ) Having my notes from before was actually *very* helpful while we were putting things into some form of understandable Lao.
Had a picnic (Gin kao baa / Eat Rice Forest) there. Literally translated I supposed since we sat outside under trees with everyone.
Ate a Lao Maengda Jeaw (dipping sauce) that Kh. made for us. He told me not to make any food... yet day 2 I had to stop at the farmer's market on the way there for some veggies least. Something to supplement the sticky rice and dried beef.
J was told he's 85% Lao cause day 3 he made Ping Sin ( BBQ Beef). Things are looking up.
I'll let you go google Maengda now ; D
8/6 *edit* this is Maengda
Oh....before you go, well or on your way out of this little corner of the internet visit the blog of some friends we met recently..brucesabroad.com/welcome.html
They have a COUNTDOWN CLOCK to when they leave for China. Now that's just waaay cool. ; )
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment