Monday, October 13, 2008

Kafee nam nom and printer paper.

(Coffee with milk) Like most of the population I start my day with a coffee. Or two. It's usually coffee while checking personal email, reading blog updates, maybe write our own and then lastly moving to work email. (Save the worst till last) Last week our coffee maker faked it's death. (Stopped working for a few days then started again) Talk about near panic attacks! One thing I love in Laos is they grow coffee there. Granted as a falang (forgiener) they will often try to serve you instant, thinking it is somehow better..but there is nothing like home grown coffee.

I was thinking this AM, you may wonder.. "Does J ever write any of our updates?" Currently the answer is technically no, but I try my best to make it rather all inclusive. Actually, the whole blogging process is kinda funny around here. I was looking at my printer a few moments ago and thought, "I need to buy more paper" ..all I have is bright yellow at the moment. See, generally the pattern goes that tonight I'll mention to J I wrote a little update then we sit at the computer and I read it to him. As for friends blogs, well... ::laugh::..they get printed out and then he reads them with dinner or lunch etc. If there is a video I make him watch that tho too. So, today's blogs will be on bright yellow paper. The funny thing is although I used to work for places such as Stream International (Tech support company) J "the furniture maker" has the hidden talent of actually being much better with computer hardware than I. We are trying to figure out what type of laptop to buy for our upcoming trip and I tell him.."it's all you hun" (Any recommendations?) Yet, here I am, most mornings printing out blogs. : D

I should also mention, most of our "work" is afternoon into late evening. Sometimes I think people must wonder when I am out if I write almost every AM. Over the past few years we have learned most people we visit work 3rd shift so waking people up is not a way to make friends in a hurry. I/We start around 1pm. So, late in the day, but early in the month, year etc etc. I think the only early one we have is at a laundromat. We are looking forward to moving to CF because we'll have to go to a laundromat again so...... hehe. (Guess what one we'll be going to!)

As for our traveling plans.. well in the short term, Wed. we leave for a week to Florida with my parents. I am more than excited to see the sun more than a few hours and spend some time relaxing. I lived there briefly once and I get the feeling my parents would like to be there again.. I am more than for the idea : D Most people up our way think FL is the land of retirement, but I'd take it any day. Longer growing season (Imagine the garden we'd have!) and not paying for oil. Anyway.. I digress..

The bonus to all this is there are 2 Lao groups in Fl. so we are hoping to somehow connect with friends there. We are leaving armed with phone numbers and even a call to somehow try. (1500 miles for a referral...kinda funny) We are really excited about meeting new friends. Hopefully it all works out. What a blessing.

Also, last week we were asked if we would go to CT for the day. That will be fun. Make a day of it. Like I said before the closest C. is in Ohio, so the woman who turned over a student to me in CT hooked us up with proper contacts there. See what become of that. See how it goes maybe it would be a monthly thing.

As for today :: insert looming classical music::: today the Bank Appraiser comes to do an apprasial on our house. We've done what we can do; fixing, cleaning etc etc. Hopefully all goes well. It's out of our hands now. We just gotta throw it there and leave it right?

I'll have to take a photo later of all the trees. It's peak here in New England. It's hard to be glum when there is so many beautiful colors around you reminding you of a truly great artist.

2 comments:

Frank said...

I am looking forward to hearing big things from you two. As for a laptop, I use to have a Dell. It was pretty good but they are exspensive. I currently, have an Acer. It is not a big name but I like it. You can spend about the same price on an Acer with more features as you can on a plain Dell. That is my thoughts. Hope everything works out. Soon we will be neighbors.

-the kids said...

Thanks! will have to look into it. We just need one decent one. Yes, soon we will be neighbors!: D How funny is that!?