I hate being one of those bloggers who says... "oh, I'm sorry I haven't written"... but
I'm sorry we haven't written. We leave in 58 days as of today. Well, as of 5:05Pm tonight it's 57 days. I'm not sure the countdown clock on my computer is helping my nerves at all...watching seconds fall off like cherry blossom petals.
Last weekend we had a friend and her parents stay with us, visiting from Kentucky. My friends father came up to give a lecture in Serbo-Croation to some people they know in NJ. It's great to see older ones embracing learning a new language. Granted, my friends father is one of those true linguistic sorts.. he's learning Arabic too. (I have a little envy..LOL)
After those two days we headed down to NY to visit some friends who live at an educational center. We got a special tour of the art department there.. amazing the attention to detail and accuracy they put into the artwork. And to think no one signs a piece!!! Also what impresses me is all the artwork is done in UNDER 2 weeks! From concept - presentation to "editors" - to photo shoots - painting.
Tuesday we toured the printing operation of this center. If you haven't visited it yet, you must. Maybe because I once worked in the printing industry I was mesmerized. I'll post a few photos of the presses when I get them off my camera. Just with black ink they go through 2 300 gallon drums every 2 days. Neither of us had visited in about 5 years so it was amazing to see all the changes that have taken place. (what?? no more pigs & chickens?) The friend we spent the night with has been living at this center for as long as I've been alive (33 years). I love the fact that even with people over twice your age you can have a complete blast. Monday after a group study session and lecture we went back to thier room where we were staying for beer and popcorn. : D
Lunch the 2nd day was friend chicken and collard greens.... (man these people eat good!!) and lots of homemade hot sauce. One friend warned me about the sauce but once he heard we are moving to Thailand we were in the clear.
And now today..my (K) parent's are coming to visit for the weekend so I'm cleaning... I'm really looking forward to them coming. I am so grateful of how emotionally supportive they are of us. I read recently in a magazine about someone who moved some of the comments they got...people who you love but for whatever reason don't understand choices you make..we've gotten a few of the same recently..so it really really means allot to us all you who have been supportive of us.
Frank & Amanda, Disney, Jeff & Meli, Allen.... keep up the great work.
Huge hugs to you all.
K & J.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for the "shout out" K. We will be going to Bangkok for a visa run next week, and then we will step into Laos for a couple days. We will think of you.
I have heard great things about that particular art department and the movie studio that they use to film our videos. A friend of mine went recently and my globe-trotting construction friend Double M is supposed to take me to Patterson to visit a friend of his and I might see it there. Yes, I know if I were to go there myself, i would end up cleaning toilets first, not directing...and that if they saw the movies I made already they would keep my sorry butt there until the New world. LOL sigh.
I think now it's 48 days now isn't it? You should probably commence hyperventilating. :-)
Can't wait till you guys start posting some adventures. I'm staying tuned...
Regarding Thai Visa:
http://knol.google.com/k/nick/thai-visa/1mth9pvfo7skr/3#
From ZG in NM
Post a Comment