Today was my (K) first attempt at doing some interpretation work. Let's clarify first I am in no way shape or form ready to be doing interpreting but it seems I was all there was. One of our students needed some help with the housing authority and somehow tag, I was it. Poor guy. (There were others in the past doing it but now for whatever reason, cant'). Thankfully, it all went well and our student can stay in his home another year. Wouldn't be a bad line of work I imagine if I ever actually got this language down.
Nothing new to report here. Waiting on the bank to hopefully tie up some loose ends to get going and get our house rented out. Waiting on letter. Too much waiting. Heading next Wed. to FL. with my family. Looking forward to hopefully meeting up with some Lao friends there. I should get a move on making plans for that actually. I am notoriously last minute. You'd think waiting for anything wouldn't bother me at all. Somehow not having a plan kills me. "patience young grasshoper..."
I/We feel like a spinning tops @ present. (The spinning top is what J always says about himself)
ooo...I think maybe it's more like a record.. right round round round.. :D
Haha. Hope I got a cheesy 80's song stuck in your head now : D (Hey I had to leave you with something other than a boring blog!)
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Waiting gives you chance to prepare, soon the waiting will end and you will be in the thick of your new land, use this time well.
Post a Comment