A few local updates since we last wrote. Last week saw the start (finally, had to wait for our order to come in) of the campaign in our area in Lao. It's been really encouraging to the 3 of us who have been plugging along for some time in this to have a few fresh faces. I can't stress enough that even if you don't want to tackle a foreign language personally, any support you give is really really appreciated. Even just having a new person in the car means allot. (We've all heard our own stories a hundred times!) LOL. So, the week before last we had 6 new ones spend the day with us and then this past week we had 3 new ones. I was really impressed, *everyone* decided they wanted to do the talking so with paper slips in hand they braved this new language and forward went. I think everyone had a great time. I know T, J & I did. We got to talk to allot more people than normal. Of course, we added 2 new permanent members to our group finally, Piinyang Garmins. : D That is proving to make life much much easier and more productive.
As for us, since I posted about our letter word is spreading. The bad thing is our house still isn't selling. We dropped the price again but ... nyak lai (very difficult) We are still planning to go for some time, it's just we wish it was longer. See what the next 6 months bring. Our friend in Laos says "put on your seat belt and hang on" teh teh (true true) or in the words of T "true dat yo"
We heard back from the friends in the new place in Thailand and they told us a little about the congo. It has 27 publishers. Our BS we now attend has more than that. For real. (granted, it's a little oversized) and everything but talking to people @ their homes is done in Thai. So, we are on the mission to get this down in 6 months because it's going to be vital to be able to speak, comment, attempt talks etc.. Thankfully all the vowels are the same as Lao. It's just the consonants. And there are 44 of them. Plus tones & gender. : /
So, as I am writing this (Sat. PM) I'm feeling a little guilty because J is working extra tonight to get a job done so I think I'll walk next door to the shop and help him sand...... it's the carpentry spa treatment.. exfoliating your hands. LOL.
Pok un mai.. (see you later!)
15 years ago
1 comment:
We didn't sign a contract on our house until the day before we departed. Don't worry. It will workout. You have the best realtor ever!
Post a Comment